Enterprise technology buyers have never been more connected, and audiences have never had as many channels to access content as they do today. The opportunity is massive, but the challenge is daunting for marketers to reach today’s tech buyers who are smarter and more self-educated than ever.
To succeed in this content-saturated environment, sales and marketing professionals must speak the buyer’s language through quality content and know what’s important to them.
IDC’s Thought Leadership practice provides leading-edge, quality content that elevates your brand image and associates your company with emerging technology trends – to drive your global media coverage, market awareness, and re-define your client dialogue.
- 76% of buyers wish that content used more data and research (Source: 2017 Content Preference Report)
- 67% of buyers use third-party analyst reports when making purchase decisions (2018 Content Preference Report)
- 51 % of marketers cite content quality as the biggest challenge to establishing credibility (Source: ConvinceAndConvert.com)
Thought Leadership begins with a major brand-building initiative and involves creating messaging in various content formats.
IDC creates custom research that drives thought leadership messaging and assets sponsored by vendors creating awareness, lead generation, and sales and partner activation.
Awareness & Lead Generation content that IDC create:
- InfoBriefs and Infographics
- Hero Assets (e-Books, White Papers)
- Blog posts, Tweet Chats
Sales & Partner Activation content that IDC create:
- Buyer Conversation Guides
- Q & A Documents
- Industry Briefs
- Business Value Assessment Tools
- Sales Quick Reference Guides
- Industry Briefs
- Sales Training Workshops, Live / Video Tutorials
- Thought Leadership fuels valuable and quality content
- Targets the right buyer personas with said content
- Builds brand awareness
- Builds a foundation of trust and credibility
- Helps Re-define Client Dialogue
- Aligns Marketing and Sales strategies, capturing today’s buyers
Buyer engagement activities conducted by Marketing tee up a conversation that Sales can intelligently carry forward.
The recommended approach includes holistic thought leadership solutions from IDC that leverage deep and relevant market knowledge regarding Digital Transformation, Innovation Accelerators, the 3rd Platform, and experience working with vendors to provide effective marketing solutions.
The IDC Approach entails:
Research Planning, Design, and Execution
- Mash-up & Planning Session (in person)
- Develop Research Themes
- Conduct Focus Groups / Field Surveys
- Analyze Results & Develop Messaging
Develop Content, Support Campaign Roll Out and Events Program
- Develop Content Assets
InfoBriefs, White Papers, Blogs, iViews, Lead-Gen Tools
- Support Campaign & Enablement Programs
PR Support, Speaker Optional Sales / Channel Training & Workshops
- Events Programs
Optional Speaker Event Series / Webcasts
Why choose IDC?
Since 1964, IDC has been the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets.
IDC can help you:
- Enhance your business Thought Leadership Profile and re-define client dialogue
- Introduce new Thought Leadership dialogue with custom sponsored research
- Elevate your brand profile